Thursday, August 4, 2011

The walking dead


I have seen people who have gone unnoticed in their lives, who are there and yet never there, who do not try to furbish their shoes, do not try to outshine others, albeit successful never raise eyebrows, never do anything flashy, are never popular or notorious even, never attract any attention and get lost in the swarm. What is the meaning of such a life? What is the meaning of leading a life like a ghost without having any definite purpose whatsoever? Such a person fails to grab attention throughout his life. These are the people who are never remembered. Their decisions are never their own. Their thoughts are plagiarized. Their actions are never ‘reflexive’. They are literally dead. You would lose interest in such a person within seconds after the inception of a real conversation. Nobody wants a zombie nodding at their personal matters eh!

Remember being discreet and being dumb are two different things. Discretion isn’t about being dead; it is about doing something without grabbing attention. I am talking about those who are the walking dead amongst us.

Their countenances never dilate eyes, their faces are expressionless, their mannerism wouldn’t grab the slightest of your attention even if you are locked alone with them in a room. They are the real living dead. You might be working with them in your workplace for years and yet you wouldn’t remember their name on any event coz they have never been there literally. They are the most insecure freaks. They get a feeling ‘everybody’s watching me’ and so they put themselves in check every now and then but in fact nobody’s. They seek their respite only in the company of their own circle. Some of them are socio-networking freaks who only have a blast on the websites but are different altogether. Some believe that they are going to be remembered for their futile deeds forever but in the long run they are the ones who get forgotten first for their petit bourgeois acts even though they are at the apex hoisting the victory flag.

What’s the use of leading such a life when you have become successful in roping only a few fans?

I personally don’t believe living such a life is going to do anybody any good. I have always distinguished myself as an individual who is different from the others. One can easily point me out of the mob. My countenance never lacks expressions. I have never been reticent about my feelings. They say I am lively and nimble, well I say it is my ID. I spread the message of life around me. It is something I am proud of. To be able to leave an impression, to be able to make an impact, to never leave anything ‘steady’ intact, to be able to bring about the change, to do things with my own personal touch – that’s what I enjoy about myself.

All I can say to those leading such a life and sulking about it - You need to lighten up and get out! Get out and get acquainted with 'real' guys, the world isn’t small; it is full of wonderful people who are still unexplored. The final advice of utmost importance - while leading this life never stop having fun! (The line in bold: A great man once told me that!)

No comments: